Tuesday, July 17, 2012

a very mad world


"all around me are familiar faces
worn out places, worn out faces
bright and early for the daily races
going nowhere, going nowhere

their tears are filling up their glasses
no expression, no expression
hide my head i wanna drown my sorrow
no tomorrow, no tomorrow

children waiting for the day they feel good
happy birthday, happy birthday
and i feel the way that every child should
sit and listen, sit and listen

went to school and i was very nervous
no one knew me, no one knew me
hello teacher tell me, what's my lesson?
look right through me, look right through me.

and i find it kind of funny, i find it kind of sad
the dreams in which i'm dying are the best i've ever had
i find it hard to tell you, i find it hard to take
when people run in circles its a very, very
mad world, mad world."

-from "mad world" by gary jules

19 comments:

  1. Profound. I'm speechless.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. An incredible piece...so creative!
    Beth, there's so much to see: the graffiti walls, white map, "little people" surrounding the girl...
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I totally live in that world! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, I'm in love with this!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutly magnificently fantastic...and one of my very favorite lyrics too. A standing ovation from my corner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderfully creative, and the red balloon adds the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to agree with all the comments an exceptional interpretation. Bravo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome piece! Your art is always so haunting and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohh i love that song, and the combination of image and tekst is prefect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As impressive as the lyrics. Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow. what a beautiful and haunting interpretation. awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. really amazing. I had to take several looks before I felt like I even could begin to get a handle on what is going on in your piece. wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very deep collage. Love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that song and the way you interpreted it. Just beautiful. Visiting you from Artists in Blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  15. yes very nice interpretation! love the blue too.. poppin in from artists in blogland

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is so very sad. It seems like this is a song and I can't quite get the tune. Off to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great piece, so dramatic. Haven't hear that son in quite a while. Hopping in from Artists in Blogland. xox

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, so many words to describe and interpret your work. This is what you call art. I am so proud of you. Thank you so much for sharing such talent and your work. I appreciate it.
    preimplantation genetic testing

    ReplyDelete